In addition to our current openings (below), we always welcome inquiries from top-notch talent with experience in:
- synthetic biology
- process development
- marketing and business development
Please send resume & cover letter to: email@example.com.
Current Openings - November 2013
We are seeking dynamic individuals to contribute to the advancement of our cutting edge platform for gene synthesis. All openings are in Cambridge, MA.
At Gen9, we are transforming Synthetic Biology through our high-volume, automated next generation synthesis of DNA constructs and libraries. We are looking for the right combination of molecular biology expertise, manufacturing and automation experience, and can-do attitude to join our rapidly growing team.
- Participate in the transfer, validation and implementation of new processes and products into manufacturing.
- Sustain and continuously improve the processes through manufacturing best practices.
- Lead failure analysis and troubleshooting activities through methodologies like six-sigma.
- Flexibility to provide process support across shifts on an as-needed basis.
- BS (MS a plus) degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or Biomedical Engineering with 3-5+ years of hands-on experience in high-throughput manufacturing or core lab environment.
- Demonstrated expertise with molecular biology protocols including DNA amplification and other enzymatic processes, gene synthesis, next generation sequencing, bacteria culturing and plasmid prep and a deep understanding of related reagents.
- Experience with automated fluid handling platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact with customers, fellow employees, and senior management.
- Demonstrated use of SPC, DOE, and Failure Analysis techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to Six-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please briefly describe your skills, knowledge, and experience with the Required Qualifications in your cover letter/email.